co-workers with suicidal thoughts

Thank you for that Rid. I think we all know someone who has been lost to believing that their grief or emotions did not need to find a vent. One of my teachers and best friends recently killed himself because no one was watching his emotional back.

Remember...the life you save may be your own.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I last posted about it, my old partner had spent 1wk in an inpatient mental health facility, which seemed to help (aug 29-sept 4th).

then he had the brilliant thought that stopping his medications cold turket would not affect him and stopped taking them on the last Thursday of September, on Sunday Oct 1st he was found in a local park alive after cutting his Left wrist and taking 7 Darvocet. He spent 4 more days in patient; and has been in Intensive Out Patient care, 3 days a week, 3 hours a day.

He still says that he has never been homicidal (willing to kill himself but running the ambulance into a tree with his partner and/or a patient on board); and I still believe it from him.

he has about 20 different people checking up on him 2-3 times a day.

thank you for all of your input and suggestions.

WOW! This thread is a real tear jerker

How many of you have been in this position? Not that I "expect" people to say, but sometimes its far better for people to cough up and say "I know what its like, i too have been there too"

Gives the affected person some confidence in what you are trying to tell them...theres nothing worse than getting advice from someone who has never been where you are right now. I know when people were giving me "Advice" on PTSD who had never experienced it just drove me up the wall!

Windsongs poem (though i do usually hate poetry) is right on the money! good stuff!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.