Wanker (wacker) to the N-th degree...

MedicDude

Everyone on our service has redlights...just because we respond to the station, and then hop in the ambulance and respond to the scene...is that legit?

Depends on your state and local laws.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was reading and thinking "man, what a loser" until I came to the guns section, when I thought "my God, what a nutjob!"

In Ontario, Volunteer firefighters are allowed to mount a green light in the front of their vehicle while responding to fire calls. Volunteer EMS is unheard of here, unless you talk to some of the "old guys" (my apologies to the old guys here :P ) who remember working for a rural service that had volunteers. This sort of wackerdom totally wouldn't fly here.

Just a couple of thoughts though... I never hang my stethoscope from my mirror because I'm afraid it will: obstruct my view; swing around and bonk me on the head; be wrecked by the sun exposure. Oh, not to mention the fact that someone might break into my car and try to steal it... Are these concerns valid or what?

Just a couple of thoughts though... I never hang my stethoscope from my mirror because I'm afraid it will: obstruct my view; swing around and bonk me on the head; be wrecked by the sun exposure. Oh, not to mention the fact that someone might break into my car and try to steal it... Are these concerns valid or what?[/quote]

Very valid concerns. Not to mention, it makes you look like a wanker. People who hang their "ears" from their mirrors are for people like nurse aides who call themselves nurses. They want to look more important than they really are.

Not to mention, it makes you look like a wanker.

Wikipedia: Chauffeur is the French word for driver. It comes from the verb "chauffer" (to heat) and also means "he who heats". In the early years of railroads, the driver had to keep the engine hot, hence the noun.

Here's ya uniform, Sport!

Sorry, I've been in bed with the flu for a week and am going a little stir-fry.

Wikipedia: Chauffeur is the French word for driver. It comes from the verb "chauffer" (to heat) and also means "he who heats". In the early years of railroads, the driver had to keep the engine hot, hence the noun.

Here's ya uniform, Sport!

Sorry, I've been in bed with the flu for a week and am going a little stir-fry.

You must be a little stir fry, because your message makes no sense to me at all.

That's because we've got a case of the blind leading the astygmatic. I was raising my voice in collusion with yours - not collision, collusion. Obscurely to be sure. Let it pass, let it pass.

I'll go to bed now. Maybe my brain will kick back on when I wake up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.