holding a grudge?

need some advise/guidance. I made my medic in March of 05(still green) work for a private service 30 miles from my home town.Home town pop. 2000 people,nearest hospital is 30 miles away..well i used to volly for my home town started as ECA and vollied for 8 years (made my EMT-I still with volly). my wives aunt ran the volly service for 20 years and got another of her nieces to join ems.everything ran good for awhile then trouble started over some actions on a call.i stood up for my wifes aunt because she did no wrong and made a correct decision.anyways the niece pushed the issue to the board(which no one on the board has any medical background)they determined aunt was wrong and asked her to step down and out of community ems all together.she did after a good fight.....now i stayed away from community ems for short time trying to finish my medic school and all.when i tried to go back and sign up for shifts i was told (by niece who runs the show now)that i no longer had a position on the community ems. i am the only EMT-P in the whole county,am willing to offer my advanced skills(there highest level is emt-i,when he works) and they refuse my help.are they holding a grudge?the reasoning i got was that they didn't want to buy the extra supplies to upgrade to micu... and really all they needed to buy is the drugs they have an aed/monitor on board(code master).i even asked my private work boss if i could make a drug bag and carry a set of private company protocols with me he said yes but they still refuse my help....what do you think i can do to get back on board. have talked with board members and they don't understand reasoning's either should i just not bother with them and move on? i am waiting for the day one of there family members goes down and some simple push of cardiac drugs could have saved a life .then what will they come to me asking me were i was? any advise is helpful and thanks.

I guess my 2 cents would be if they are hit with multiple victims in an mva and they dont have the man power or worse yet the extras and say they made a bad call and someone died because of it, then the lawsuits, there isnt going to be anything left to cover their sorry a$$'s for it.

It's like saying what are they trying to do here, play doctor, judge and advocate?

I guess moving on or away from this, start your own up, that's how I basically have done it, yeah red tape and all the bs politics involved and many the headaches/tylenol I went through.

Monster_Medic

Can you be a little more spacific on what the Aunt did that caused the board to make her step down? This might help others to judge if this is a grudge against you...or if the agency itself can't support a medic.

monster_medic, if you don't mind me asking, what county are in (you can PM me if you want). I can tell you that it would not be a good idea to try to run on one service with another service's gear. Regardless of what your boss says, that is something that needs to be worked out between the medical director for each service.

I would not push the issue with them, if they want to be like that...then they can be as big of a little baby as they want to be. In due time, they will learn their lesson and you should be able to return later if you want too

Sounds like they have made a decision. Move on and persue your job as a Paramedic. I am in a similiar situation myself and if you would like to PM me about it, I will be glad to share.

You volunteered your services, they turned you down for their own self righteous reasons. Their loss, you know?

Good luck with your Paramedic career!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.