Specialized Jump Kit

MAMed

I'm a Black Belt and Instructor in a combat martial arts style (as opposed to a sport art). Every month all of the black belts and instructors gather for a training camp. I do mean a camp. I have become the defacto medical provider and am looking for a jump kit. I need a backpack. It needs to be subdued preferably black for various training reasons. It needs to carry basic airway management supplies, an O2 tank, and standard trauma supplies (4x4, bulk dress, kerlex, etc.). Room for a couple of C-Collars would be nice. I've found the Blackhawk MED-7 seems to fit the bill but most every thing else I've found doesn't have a place for a O2 tank. Any suggestions. Don't need any thing as large as the STOMP II. Thanks

I'm a Black Belt and Instructor in a combat martial arts style (as opposed to a sport art). Every month all of the black belts and instructors gather for a training camp. I do mean a camp. I have become the defacto medical provider and am looking for a jump kit. I need a backpack. It needs to be subdued preferably black for various training reasons. It needs to carry basic airway management supplies, an O2 tank, and standard trauma supplies (4x4, bulk dress, kerlex, etc.). Room for a couple of C-Collars would be nice. I've found the Blackhawk MED-7 seems to fit the bill but most every thing else I've found doesn't have a place for a O2 tank. Any suggestions. Don't need any thing as large as the STOMP II. Thanks

Are you permitted to carry O2 in MS without a valid prescription by a physician? If not, I wouldn't even think about putting it in a jump kit. I'm not familiar with MS law, but I don't think O2 can be carried by an individual outside a medical directors approval.

That being said, here's some information for you.

Statpacks

I own 2 Statpacks myself and love them. I also bought 8 of them and equipped them with gear for all of the security/first responders for the retirement community I teach at. I've had good luck with them. They are a little higher priced than a cheap bag from Galls, but you get what you pay for.

Pacific Emergency Products Model R200 Rescue Backpack with O2 Storage

http://www.firstrespondersupplies.com/psp-sar.htm

URBAN RESCUE BACK PACK, No black though only Navy

http://www.safetystore.com/emptybackpacks.asp#URBAN RESCUE

Sar Backpack, Red only. Got a can of spray paint?

http://www.spiracle.com/Products/SARbackpk.htm

Just a few for you. Have fun at camp.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.