recuriment & retention

Psstttt...over here.

Just in case you didnt notice, the thread is over 2 years old and you sucessfully revived it!!!

I just wanted to say do not expect a PM from a few of those people as I have not seen them around in quite a while. :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Good ideas, but i would have to argue a little about the money. I used to believe money wasnt a motivator, until my company decided to be top-payor in our region. We start paramedics at $54k/year, which allows us to get rid of the malcontents immediately because we have a long list of applicants. Having the best equipment in our region doesnt hurt either - Hydraulic stretchers, computers, GPS, ventilators and IV pumps on all trucks. You will have to pry my cold dead hands off this truck before i leave.

Good ideas, but i would have to argue a little about the money. I used to believe money wasnt a motivator, until my company decided to be top-payor in our region. We start paramedics at $54k/year, which allows us to get rid of the malcontents immediately because we have a long list of applicants. Having the best equipment in our region doesnt hurt either - Hydraulic stretchers, computers, GPS, ventilators and IV pumps on all trucks. You will have to pry my cold dead hands off this truck before i leave.

we have all that stuff too but we don't nearly make 54K a year. Around 43K is what I'll make.

I gotta say cash talks. I'll put up with more crap in one hand if the other hand is getting more dollars in it. But I also have to add the services I have seen that choose to pay good also seem to give you good equipment.

Agreed. You may attract a lot of wide-eyed rookie whackers with "awesome protocols", but it won't make them stay once they decide to get married or have a kid. Cash is king. Nothing else matters.

couldn't care less about the cool equipment, high pay is only part of it. I wouldn't stay for the money or toys if im not happy there. and 54K for a starting medic ???? where is that ? and whats the cost of living there?? i have been looking from border to border and coast to coast and have yet to see any starting wage close to that, that is unless your in an area where you need that wage to get by. you know high cost of living and all... kinda like making 60k in hawaii is comparable to 30k in the midwest ...

couldn't care less about the cool equipment, high pay is only part of it. I wouldn't stay for the money or toys if im not happy there. and 54K for a starting medic ???? where is that ? and whats the cost of living there?? i have been looking from border to border and coast to coast and have yet to see any starting wage close to that, that is unless your in an area where you need that wage to get by. you know high cost of living and all... kinda like making 60k in hawaii is comparable to 30k in the midwest ...

With no overtime our Paramedics get over $40000 starting. Odds are be well over $50000 a year with the overtime you will end up getting. Pay is currently $18 hour soon to go to $20 or close to it to start. You are paid all hours and get great benefits. Cost of living is cheap. In a very rural are of west Texas. Some say this area is hotter than hell so based on your profile you might not be able to stand the heat. :twisted:

thats some funny fecal matter right there, i have been noticing that texas is paying very well and have been looking in to going back that direction. But am looking at maybe further south down around houstonish area... lived there before and LOVED it but a weak marriage kept my time there short

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.