Thorogood Boots

shade

Looking for a new pair of boots. Loved my Bates, but they discontinued the style I liked and offer nothing like it. Found Thorogood and looks like an identical twin to the Bates that I currently have. Are Thorogood a good brand of boot? How do they hold up? Had a pair of Magnums early on and won't do that again. What does everybody else like? Thanks

I have no personal experience with Thorogood, but alot of people I know (Soldiers) love them. I have never heard any negatives from anyone who has had them.

Sarge

Searching the term "thorogood" here at EMT City brings up the following topics that may be of assistance to you:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4360&start=0

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...642&start=0

• Notice that those topics are in the EQUIPMENT forum, where this one should be. There are also other "boots" discussions there.

As I stated back in the second topic...

• 1. Don't buy anything you haven't actually worn on your own foot first.

2. Nothing is more important than fit and feel. Forget about looking for specific name brands. Buy what feels best on YOUR foot for the price you want to pay. NOTHING is more important or even worth considering.

I have had a pair of thorogoods for about 7 months now, they are great you can wear them for long peroids without your feet hurting, the only caution is the breakin period which lasted about two weeks. Once you get them the way you want them they are the best. (hint, if you get the zippers I used small key rings as pulls until they loosen up). I would steer clear of Rocky boots, they do not stand behind their product when it does fail, you will be left holding a pair of crap boots in under a year.

I bought a pair of these when I started emt school. That was 2003. Theyve sinced lasted through paramedic school, fire academy, and I continue to wear them on the job at my FD. Theyve held up great, are very comfortable to wear long periods of time, and were inexpensive. Highly recommended.

Best story in them? After a florida georgia game in Jacksonville, I woke up in a strange hotel room with a rather portly young woman next to me. After using my ninja skills to escape fully clothed and without any extra attention, I checked the clock. I had been asleep for 3 hours that I could tell, and was roughly 12 miles from home. The rest of my friends were dead to the world, and I didnt have a penny in my pocket. With my hangover for company, I walked home that day, along roads, over bridges, through knee high grass in random fields. It took 3-4 hours, and it was those work boots that I was wearing. Like I said. Highly recommended.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.