What would you make of these strips???

rat115

I agree with everyone - for interpretive purposes in the field it is a NSR.

For B.S. purposes - When enlarged there appears to be some abnormalities in the QRS, possibly a RBBB, which occurs in healthy people and probably would not be significant anyway. But to actually know and get a definitive answer you would need a 12 lead EKG.

Just a suggestion, have someone change the default settings on your LP12 so you can see more than one lead at a time. It is quite simple to do, and is well explained in the operation manual.

This simple modification makes life so much easier for everyone involved. Also, if you tweak the calibration to diagnostic, and out of monitor mode, you will be able to use the ECG's that you obtain more effectively.

With what you've provided to us to look at...it looks normal to me. Again...I concur with everyone else...a 12 lead is what you would need for a more definitive opinion or diagnosis.

xoxo

Looks like a little variance in the S wave and ST segments from the first strip to the next but otherwise unremarkable. I don't see any clinical significance in the two strips...

Thanks. I pretty much thought that it looked pretty normal. One of the gals on our crew was stressing, but she doesn't have internet so she couldn't post. I talked with her today and over night the symptoms stopped. I do know that she's normally hypotensive. Besides the fact that her BP was up in the normal range, I couldn't see anything that worried me.

AZCEP---I wish that I were allowed to play with the settings on the LP-12, but I'm not. Something about being a basic. Oh, well. Get me someplace that I can go to school and I'll be more than happy to rectify that. 8)

Sounds like she needs to get a real physical.. it could be as simple as anxiety or need more work up anything.. like I tell everyone .."Go see a real Doc!"...

R/r 911

:) That's just what I told her.