Unknown medical...This is hard

Pinpoint and brady? I think I'm gonna stick with my notion of insecticide poisoning. Let's put dinner in the bag tt take with us (not for leftovers) and get rolling. I want to call med/poison control soon.

-Trevor

Yeah. Incesticide poisoning on the new mushrooms.

Treat what you can, and get rolling.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The male who answered the door explains to you that he's her boyfriend. They have been going out for almost 4 years now. They recently went on a cross county trip as a vacation. John (the boyfriend's fake name) explains that they has just got done eating dinner. The girlfriend is a vegetarian, so she made herself a vegetarian dish.

John says she is in perfect health. No medical problems. She only takes Zyrtec for allergies. She has no allergies.

John explains that the two had already finished eating and were just sitting and talking at the table when his girlfriend become suddenly ill. She had a very upset stomach, blurred vision, profuse sweating and even started coughing. She started to stand up and she fell on the floor. John says that she "went on herself".

John explains that he doesn't think she contracted anything during the cross country trip because she was just seen by her regular doctor for a physical.

Upon assessment, you note audible wheezing, dyspnoea, bronchial secretions and excessive lacrimation. The seizure lasted only 10-15 seconds. Patient is no longer seizing.

BP: 102/60. RR is 17. HR is 52. Temp is 98.1.

If she has no allergies why is she taking Zyrtec?...does no allergies include food and animals also or just meds?... Where did they go on their cross country trip? What was in the vegitarian dish she made i want to know everything that was in it....nuts anything like that.....

If she has no allergies why is she taking Zyrtec?...does no allergies include food and animals also or just meds?... Where did they go on their cross country trip? What was in the vegitarian dish she made i want to know everything that was in it....nuts anything like that.....

She has seasonal allergies. That was a typo on my part. She has no allergies to food, animals or meds. They went "all over" according to the boyfriend. No nuts in the dish. A description of the dish was already posted.

Hmm. Tell me more about these mushrooms. What do they look like? More about the appearance of the residence, social description, police familar with them?

Dr. of pimpin':

The boyfriend does not know what these mushrooms look like. She made the dish before he arrived. Everything is normal with the people. Police have never been out there before.

Poisonous mushrooms contain muscarine. Muscarine is a cholinergic agent, which mimics structure of acetylcholine. Excess acetylcholine is what causes the organophosphate poisons to produce their clinical signs and symptoms.

A great article on Cholinergic Syndrome can be found at:

http://www.intox.org/databank/documents/tr...ate/trt15_e.htm

Great replies guys and gals!

EMS_Cadet

Poisonous mushrooms contain muscarine. Muscarine is a cholinergic agent, which mimics structure of acetylcholine. Excess acetylcholine is what causes the organophosphate poisons to produce their clinical signs and symptoms.

A great article on Cholinergic Syndrome can be found at:

http://www.intox.org/databank/documents/tr...ate/trt15_e.htm

Great replies guys and gals!

EMS_Cadet

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dang it.......i was just getting into the senerio thing........i love being NOSEY and investigating.......ok next one please.... :lol::lol::lol: