Telemetry and EMS...

smle

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure that "Rid, Punisher, PRPG, ASYS, AZCEP, etc.." may be able to shed some more light on this than I can. But, IIRC, Approx. a year or two ago I read a slew of literature on this and I was under the impression that a number of systems which were doing pre-hospital thrombolysis; and GP2a-3b inhibitors, also had 'protocols' for this. These allowed them to 'Alert' the cath lab team and take the pt directly to the cath lab for intervention with Door-Table times of about 10 mins or so. I also was underthe impression that in these sytems, they were able to do this because they eduvcated and trained the providers to a point where their 'clinical abilities' allowed this. Furthermore I also believe ACEP put out a position paper on this. Perhaps my Altzheimers is kickin up today..Any one know what I'm talking about?!?!? I like "Rid," was under the impression that this was a long gone practice!!

Out here,

ACE844

Cellular modem to fax machine is much more common. Even cheaper is proper initial education, agreed. The biggest issue is finding cardiologists that are willing to believe the lowly field provider can actually determine what is happening.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.