Out of the mouth of babes

buckeyedoc

My daughter is in first grade and she has homework every night. She was working on fractions. One of the pictures had 2 candy bars, "A" and "B". Candy bar "A" was definitely larger than "B". The question asked, "Which candy bar would you rather have 1/2 of?" I was helping Hannah with her homework and asked her which one was the right answer. She said "B", the smaller of the 2 candy bars. I asked her again and she said "B" again. I was sitting there with a confused look on my face. Hannah asked if I wanted her to explain why she chose "B". She said that because chocolate is bad for you, the smaller 1/2 would be better for you. I knew that when she took her homework back the next day, the teacher would want to know why she chose "B" as well. I got a phone call from her teacher after school about the homework. She couldn't quit laughing about how mature Hannah's answer was. She's too smart for her own good.

Well if she's taking "B", I'll have "A". :wink:

Ham will you share that candy bar with me :?:

and buckeye....that is one smart kid there.... :lol::lol:

Kids do say the funniest things....One day my 5-year-old stepson got in trouble and I had him sit in a time out. After a few minutes I said to him - what do you think I should do if you get in trouble again? He looks at me with a straight face and says - well I guess I should be punished exquisitely. I tried so hard not to laugh. He is learning BIG words and it cracks me up when he tries to use them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.