EMT-B Fanny Pack

I bought one awhile back to use in my clinicals...its sucks; fell apart pretty much as soon as I bought it. Anyhow I have a job waiting for me, as soon as my patch comes through and its one item I'm sposed to have. Any advice on a particular brand/place to get it? Also advice on what to carry would be really helpful ( I tend to overdo it, in my German-boyscout-obsessiveness).

Thanks in advance! :P

Freshmeat, your profile states that you are a contractor. Is the EMT job related to a contract? I have a small Blackhawk range bag that I use as a crash kit. If this is relevant to your practice I can post pics of how it is set up. It is a little larger than a fanny pack, but you can easily throw it over your shoulder.

Take care,

chbare.

I am sposed to be working with Wildland firefighters, attached to a private contractor providing EMS service to the crews. Typical things go wrong, typical EMT issues. The fanny pack needs to carry my steph, trauma shears, BP cuff, pen light, tons of gloves, mole skin, 4x4's ect. backpack or bag wont be so helpful since I'm allready supposed to have my fireshelter and most likely a moniter since I'm guessing the Medic will think I'm sposed to carry it :P I dont intend on arguing with Medics much.

Seriousely...no one has a EMS fanny pack they like? Like wow and stuff!

L.A. Rescue has some good stuff that come in a number of sizes so you can get a better feel for what all you plan on carrying.

I like the Statpak. Holds plenty of gear and they have optional clip on modules for specific things like airways/meds etc.

Go to Statpak.com for a look.

Freshmeat, have you considered a medical drop pouch? It is smaller than a pack and would be out of the way on your leg. Blackhawk and several other dealers make drop pouches.

Take care,

chbare.

We have several STAT Packs and LA Rescue items and love them. Blackhawk also has good gear.

As for drop legs, good for temporary situations (i.e. SWAT call outs) but I couldn't imagine wearing them on a wildland fire. I wore a drop leg holster most of the time when I was in the Gulf and started to only use it when we went out side of the wire because it restricted the air flow through my trousers and i would get heat rash. Also, during a wild land fire you need to be able to drop almost everything to get in your shelter.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.