Pharmacology

Lithium

Wow, the more I read here, the more I find out my Paramedic education wasn't the norm.

Our Pharmacology class [A 4 credit college course] did teach to the C level for all of our drugs. At least those NH allows prehospitally [Almost everything] and many that are common occurrences in transferland. Our only text was really a 2005 IV Drug reference book, which I keep on the truck with me now.

Our assessment class used a real Assessment book, primarily used by PA programs. Yeah, they made us buy the 5 Mosby series books, but that's not what our classes were based off of.

The "tech" is well known for this and my program did the same as well. So there are a smattering of P programs out there which do meet the 'C' level and then some. Though as stated here before it is SADLY a VERY SMALL #. My course had a 'block' of Pharm which was toaught by a 'professor' who taught and did research at URI Pharmacy school. We were required to purchase a "Pharm D level pharmacodynamics text", and I purchased a few others as well. As for what I keep on me. I have a Tarscons Pharmocopedia 'big version', my electroinc PDR on my PDA and Pharm made simple (for morons like me!! :oops: :shock: :wink: :!: 8) :lol: )

ACE844

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.