some noob questions

Well my Dad was a volunteer, and he was talking about hooking up IV's, shooting up stabbing victims with morphine, stitching up wide open wounds, etc. Maybe it's cuz I'm from a more rural area, maybe he was telling some tales. I don't think they'd give a fancy symbol to ambulance drivers.

You know who saves trauma pts? Trauma surgeons.

We drive them to the hospital and do what we can on the way.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my Dad was a volunteer, and he was talking about hooking up IV's, shooting up stabbing victims with morphine, stitching up wide open wounds, etc. Maybe it's cuz I'm from a more rural area, maybe he was telling some tales. I don't think they'd give a fancy symbol to ambulance drivers.

OK, this thread has to be a joke. Which one of you created a new name and is playing around?

Dust are you having fun?? Havent seen you tonight....

OK, this thread has to be a joke. Which one of you created a new name and is playing around?

Dust are you having fun?? Havent seen you tonight....

So this is out of the ordinary? I mean I've personally ressucitated a drowning victim, I've saved a victim a a farm accident (hand ripped off by a PTO shaft) from bleeding to death by blocking the artery at the pressure point and then using a a tourniquet. So what do you guys get paid for?

ISU public safety are ridiculous. I used to date a dispatcher, and have gotten drunk with my arresting officers. I blew a .92 and a .85. But yep, it's 48 oz. (my former limit at the bar) and it's 2 DUI's.

I guess I'll back off. I make money farming, I just want the training.

I have a pretty basic understanding of biology and first aid, and my first aid has been put to the test twice.

I just want to perfect real world first aid. On those two occasions, it was quite a rush. It's also a very useful skill.

If some would explain to me why this is such a joke, I would appreciate it.

Because if you are serious then you the model person who should NOT be in EMS.

"I mean, what the hell do you learn in two years of school? how to drive an ambulance fast? I learned how to strap someone to a board in a half hour."

wtfffffff :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL :lol: