NREMT-B

The NREMT-B exam is 150 questions. I'm not sure what the passing grade is, as I wrote the NC exam, but I believe it to be 70%. That leaves a lot of room for error meaning you can miss 45 questions and still pass.

http://www.nremt.org/about/about_exams.asp

I'm not sure if you're asking how long your certification is good for, or how long you have before writing the exam for your Intermediate. If it is the latter, I believe it to be 1 year but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps some. Good luck.

From the NREMT Site http://nremt.org/EMTServices/reg_basic_his...ry_Requirements

# Successfully complete, within the last two (2) years, a state-approved National Standard EMT-Basic education program, as developed and promulgated by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Candidates who are not state certified and fail to become registered within two (2) years following EMT-Basic course completion must retake the entire EMT-Basic educational program.

If the candidate's initial training is beyond two (2) years and the candidate has maintained state certification, the candidate must complete a current state approved EMT-Basic refresher training program. Refresher training programs must be completed within the past two (2) years and meet or exceed the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation EMT-Basic Refresher Training Program, National Standard Curriculum.

If the candidate's initial training is beyond two (2) years and state certification has not been maintained, the candidate must complete the entire EMT-Basic education program.

# Candidates are required to successfully complete, within the past twelve months, all sections of a state-approved EMT-Basic practical examination that equals or exceeds the established criteria of the National Registry.

The real question, is it worth NR? I questioned many states and even if you are NR they will not let you work in their state with there state cert., most cases they will let you challenge their exam but bottom line is you still have to hold their state card, NR or not.

The real question, is it worth NR? I questioned many states and even if you are NR they will not let you work in their state with there state cert., most cases they will let you challenge their exam but bottom line is you still have to hold their state card, NR or not.

Uhhh... so what's new? The same thing applies to every other medical profession, including doctors and nurses. We are a nation of independently governed states. That's how it works.

Add US Government to the list of classes that should be mandatory for paramedic school.

California is, to the best of my knowledge, now a fully NR state at the basic level. They just recently phased out the state cert, so there are still a lot of basics that aren't national registry. You still need to get your local cert, but at least for my county, that's just a background check (live scan), a cert check (do you have NR? Do you have a CPR card?), and a check. Don't forget about getting your California Ambulance Driver Certificate. That is another Live Scan, a DOT physical, and a short, multiple choice, test based on a pamplet you buy (~$5) (its all test, no behind the wheel stuff).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.