Philips MRx, Lifepak 12 or ZOLL E-series?

What you think about these defibrillators/monitors? What is the best one to ambulance-use. I need all these options (RR,Sao2, Etco2, sending 12-ekg). I'm nurse and working in ALS-ambulance. Nearest hospital-->60 miles.

In my experiences, the LP12 is the way to go.

A fire dept. I worked for just *had* to have the Heartstart MRx, and ever since, they've had issues with it. Overall, I can see it's a great monitor, but I feel it's really made for in hospital usage. Rather poor tracing in vehicles, the button clips on the lead wires don't stay attached well, and it's been serviced several times for the same issues [spO2 sensor not working, and V1 not being displayed on 12 leads] Unfortunately, the Intermediate level service could care less about my opinions, and are happy "They have a machine that's as good as having another partner on the truck."

The MRx also prints on the same paper as a LP10, Two inch paper, I believe...making it incredibly difficult to read 12 leads, as the still printing off the same [the 4 columns of 3 leads].

The Zoll series is decent. I've had the least experience with this monitor, but I haven't had any issues with it. I guess the only drawback is user-friendliness. But, after playing with the monitor for a while, and moving soft key points to logical places, it'd be good to use. Paper is a bit wider than the MRx, making 12 leads easier to read.

The LP12 is what I currently use most of the time. No problems with limb leads falling off, the BP is mostly accurate, or will time out, so it rarely gives false information. Paper rolls are like 3.5 - 4 inches, leaving decent room to read 12 leads. It's easy to use. Any time you're lost, the Home key brings you back. It's incredibly easy to change leads or what waveforms you want to view.

Most monitors have similar ETCO2, 12 lead faxing, SpO2 capabilities.

Best advice, visit other services with different monitors and go play. :-)

Good Luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.