Nasal Valium Anyone?

1EMT-P

What is your favorite Ativan, Valium or Versed to use ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• 2. Valium
    • 1. Ativan

I don't think you can....If I remember correctly (and I don't work with Valium very often) Valium is in an oil based solution which would probably not be very friendly for the nasal mucosa and also might interfere with atomization. This is just an educated guess, but I'm no t sure on this. I'd ask a pharmacist if I were you.

Vaium used to be of the med's the recommended to go down the tube. Remember NAVEL.. narcan,atropine, Valium, epi, lidocaine.. but research has shown it to be irritable. Was nice to be able to tube & stop seizures at the same time though. We carry Ped & adult Diastat (rectal gel ) strength, & the usual IV/IM Valium. I recently have been using nasal atomizer Versed & have had great success with it, both seizures & pre-sed for RSI. So far, I have not seen it work. In fact it appears to absorb & work faster than IV route.

Be safe,

RIdryder 911

I agree with both of them. Nasal atomization is still fairly new at least where I am. An ER doc questioned someone the other day for giving narcan intranasaly, I tried to look it up in the latest Davis Drug Guide but it didn't show anything for either valium or versed. I think a PDR might help. Charles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.