Stupid People

mohawk1

This post is in regards to some of the comments on the "Easy Button" question I presented before. Some mentioned they would use it for Stupid People. Can anyone elaborate on this topic please. I also want to thank those for replying to my last post and I encourage others to share their "Easy Button" needs, they're hilarious.

I had a call a with a person who accidently brushed her teeth with cortisone cream instead of toothpaste. This person called poison control and was told that it will not hurt her. She still felt the need to call the ambulance for confirmation. I simply explained to her that poison control was correct. I wanted so bad to say to her, your fine dingbat and your teeth won't itch either, but I didn't.

Had another call on the same night....no less....transported the person to the hospital and while trying to obtain information and signatures from the husband he asked me, "do I sign my name?" I stated that would be fine and you can write husband after your name. He stated to me, "I am not her husband, I am married to her." The sad part is he was totally serious.

These are two examples when I would use my easy button.

You want stupid? How about the guy who called in a grass fire at his farm - by the time FD got there, the barn, three granaries, and the fuel shed were engulfed. He had started the fire to burn off the grass around the fuel shed, because all that long dead grass "was a fire hazard."

Sounds stupid?

Well this was the second time in two years he had burned up some of his outbuildings, burning off "fire hazards"!

Actual true story - responded both times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.