Reciprocity

That's a question for the EMS bureaucrats of that state.

When I applied for OR reciprocity, it took 13 weeks!!

AK reciprocity took 8 weeks.

FL reciprocity took 2 weeks.

LA reciprocity was 1 week.

It all varies by state of course but for the most part it is the background check that takes the longest. OR took so long cause they do a 50 state background check instead of only checking the states where you were licensed. They contract out the work so it was then out of their hands and in another parties.

My advice to you is to call the EMS board there, they will answer your questions.

Dude, if you can't handle a couple of weeks, don't even think about going to Canada. They'll make you wait a few months and charge you a thousand dollars for the privilege of waiting.

There are only so many people working in these EMS offices. And there are hundreds of people a day sending in applications. Sure, we could hire a tonne of people to open mail and process applications at a fast pace, but you wouldn't wanna pay what licences would cost then.

Just be glad you're from Texas and not some state with lame arse standards whose people get über scrutinized anywhere they apply for reciprocity.

Suck it up. EMS will still be hiring in a few weeks.

I applied for reciprocity from Texas to Indiana and it took 2 weeks. I also made sure and kept in contact with the state to make sure everything was ok as far as paperwork was concerned.

Just keep on top of it and just remember that some people may try and persuade you to not waste your time with it - but those people are simply old and gray and are the burnt out people in EMS.

Good luck on your move!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.