EMT-Intermediate / CC course

epr1

I would never spend a year in school to become a Paramedic for 2 reasons..I think its crazy to spend $8,000 to become a Paramedic and get paid chump change when you finally do get a job, that you cant even survive on when you have a family..The other reason is this is not something i want to do for a living...I have a Bachlors Degree in Business Administration and i make a damn good salary..Soo if i just want to help out my community without making money for doing it then thats my problem not yours or anybody else's..

Okay, I see.. it's all right for you to have to have an education for your job, but it's not okay for a medical field not to ?.... Hmm does that sound like it came from an educated person ?... Pay is not important to you... fine, let me find some volunteer to replace you at your profession.. I am sure we could find some retired business type... it is not like they are going to kill someone in that job or profession. Really, how important can your job really be to have to have just a B.A ?

Yet again, you have audacity to be self righteous on the pay, but you would not work for it ...kinda a hypocritical statement.

Again, I highlighted the "I's and me's in the posts .... do we still see a pattern ? Are we right by stating they are in it for themselves... prove me wrong ......

R/R 911

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel because people Volunteer their time for their community that you will never make alot of money as a Paramedic? I would never spend a year in school to become a Paramedic for 2 reasons..I think its crazy to spend $8,000 to become a Paramedic and get paid chump change when you finally do get a job, that you cant even survive on when you have a family..The other reason is this is not something i want to do for a living...I have a Bachlors Degree in Business Administration and i make a damn good salary..Soo if i just want to help out my community without making money for doing it then thats my problem not yours or anybody else's..

AKA. Why would I spend $8000 dollars and a years education when I only need to be an EMT to cruise around in my POV loaded with emergency lights and a siren while sporting my Littman scope and my galls sunglasses while being the envy of all my peers.

I'm all for volunteers, but they have thier place and that place is not front line EMS work. I think that alot of volunteers are in it for the ego stroke. (I ran into someone on annother board that spent over $2000 dollars to put emergency lights into all three of his vehicles)

I THINK IT SHOULD BE STD. PRACTICE FOR EVERYONE TO CONT. ED. AND RAISE THE LEVEL OF CARE TO EMT-I AT THE BOTTOM RUNG. BASICS CAN BE THE OLD CFR'S. CALL ME CRAZY!!!

Crazy like a fox! Even though the forum rules that you didn't bother to read ask you not to TYPE IN ALL CAPS, I have to admit that that point right there was good enough to yell! I like they way you think. Sometimes. :wink:

dude you are right on the money i did not read the fine print... thanks for heds up. my uncanny knack to type my mental and verbal vomit sometimes overrides the capacity to omit gramatical errors. I get ahead of myself. but i see i'm going to get alot of guidance from folks here. much appreciated.

“Hey man i hear your crys about someone having to wait. but you know what i can respond to the city as quik as a volunteer can take to show up wait for a crew and be on scene as als in the same time frame.”

“dude you are right on the money i did not read the fine print... thanks for heds up. my uncanny knack to type my mental and verbal vomit sometimes overrides the capacity to omit gramatical errors. I get ahead of myself. but i see i'm going to get alot of guidance from folks here. much appreciated.”

Sorry, but I have to correct these.

Quick, just like the stuff you put in milk

“I” is always capitalized when talking about yourself

Head, like the thing that is supposed to be on your shoulders.

Absolutely no offense intended to the author of these posts, but come on.... volunteer or not, verbal vomit or not, it only takes a moment to go through spell and grammar check. Not even sure what to make of the first sentence.

I'm happy you have the time to critique my gramar and spelling, grade A for you. Do us a favor and find a better way to be constructive, go join a teachers association, be a big brother, but don't bother with the "nettiquette". I type what I think it's a forum not thesis. My point is my point read and weap or ignore it. Gees!

I'm happy you have the time to critique my gramar and spelling, grade A for you. Do us a favor and find a better way to be constructive, go join a teachers association, be a big brother, but don't bother with the "nettiquette". I type what I think it's a forum not thesis. My point is my point read and weap or ignore it. Gees!

Just use the spell check, this isn't a big deal. Do you want people to get a headache trying to read your posts?

If you want to be treated like a professional, you have to carry yourself like one. That includes spelling and grammar.