How about this...

Limbstruck that was funny sort of like the video I saw of a halloween video. there is a huge hulking black guy walking up the stairs with his friend, he goes to the door and off to the side is what looks like a scarecrow on a chair. The scarecrow stands up scaring the bejeezers out of the two guys and the big hulking guy decks the scarecrow and knocks him out.

that was funny

Suicide is the cowards way out of a situation. The only one who it's easy on is the one who is dead. they leave a family and loved ones to greive and also to feel the feelings of guilt as if they could have done something. I don't have much sympathy for someone who either attempts suicide or is successful.

I had a friend who told me this story.

his friend was a deputy for a small county, got a call to stop this semi truck. he also was told to call dispatch and he did. He was told that someone jumped in front of the semi and got hit and was plastered on the front grill of the semi.

he stopped the truck, told the driver to remain inside the truck, checked out the front and indeed there was a recently deceased guy. He told the driver to step out and come to the back of the truck. The trucker was getting more frustrated by the minute. He finally demanded to know what was going on and he was finally told. the trucker didn't believe it and ran to the front of the truck. Saw the dead guy and promptly passed out. He has not driven since.

so if you opt ot kill yourself then I have the option to call you a coward.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a guy attempt suicide at a rest area the other night, hit himself multiple times in the head with a ball peen hammer and stabbed himself in the chest with a meat thermometer. Guy scared the Ca Ca out of the duty crew b/c they got called to a definite 10-109D, well, the guy (head covered with big honker bloody clots) jumped up on his knees when they walked up :shock: core temp was 102 ,according to thermometer, that's funny, I don't care who you are..............

see...that is funny...right there... :lol:

Can you say, idiot?

Dammit - some of this stuff IS funny. No, suicide is not funnny - it is pathetic and evil, but Rid's "black humour" post says it all. If we spend our lives without finding comic relief in some of the things people do, we will be completely unable to cope, especially in this field. If the general public heard some of the things that are said in jest during debriefing, on the way home, or over a beer in the nearest tavern, they would crap, but humour is the ultimate coping mechanism. If you can't laugh at the human condition, you probably aren't human.

The verry first overnight that I did with my department back in November, was also the the night of my first DOA since being involved in EMS. A 25 year old kid had apparently decided that his life was too much for him to handle, so he decided that it would be best for him to wait about 200' east of a train crossing and when the time was right jump out of the bushes he was hiding in and lay his neck down on the rail. Train never had a chance to stop, and the kid was decapitated. I understand that sometimes people get to a point where they think they have lost controle and they dont want to go on, but why pick the train to end it. Did he really have to drag the engineer of the train through his hard time. Scuicide is in my opinion the most selfish act that anyone can perform. Because it doesnt just affect you. It affects everyone that becomes involved in picking up the pieces after the fact.

Well said. I definitely do not find suicide "funny" by any means...but I do agree that to those left behind, and those who are left to clean the mess, and to continue to deal with the grief and pain...it's a great disrespect, at best.

We had a guy attempt suicide at a rest area the other night, hit himself multiple times in the head with a ball peen hammer and stabbed himself in the chest with a meat thermometer. Guy scared the Ca Ca out of the duty crew b/c they got called to a definite 10-109D, well, the guy (head covered with big honker bloody clots) jumped up on his knees when they walked up :shock: core temp was 102 ,according to thermometer, that's funny, I don't care who you are..............

I hope this was more investigated, very unusual to hit one self with a ball ping hammer and have a 102 temp.. ?

Just FYI I used a meat thermometer when I did liver temp.'s, when I worked for the M.E.

Be saf,

R/R 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.