Advertising ideas?

PilotMed

+1 on the pens. Nurses are constantly pilfering pens from anywhere they can find them. Get good pens for them, and they'll always have your number. ("Why bother looking it up? I'll just call this one right here..."). Post-it notes are also good. Clipboards are something else to consider (many facilities use these in every room. Not a bad way to make yourself a household name.).

The key to selling a business is selling the relationship. Schmoozing is a good thing, and not just admin. Like others said, remember who is placing that call to you (i.e., the nurses). Your employees should have a partnership in the success of the business. Profit sharing is one way to do this. If they have that in mind when they go to the pick-up/dropoff sites, they may be your best ambassadors. Send holiday cards and thank-you notes to patients as well as those who call you. And bringing a plate of cookies once in a while doesn't hurt either.

Also take stuff to the local ERs. We are always calling someone to pick up the patient to take them back to the nursing home. In the middle of the night, the less hassle, the better. Schmooze the employees of all shifts.

And fix the link to your website in your signature.

'zilla

+1 on the pens. Nurses are constantly pilfering pens from anywhere they can find them. Get good pens for them, and they'll always have your number.

A nurse walks into a bank, preparing to endorse a check. She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a rectal thermometer and tries to write with it. She looks up at the teller, pauses for a moment, then realizing her mistake, she says, "Well that's great...... just great..... Some *******'s got my pen."

A nurse walks into a bank, preparing to endorse a check. She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a rectal thermometer and tries to write with it. She looks up at the teller, pauses for a moment, then realizing her mistake, she says, "Well that's great...... just great..... Some *******'s got my pen."

Did she take the cap off? :wink:

I will sum up the ideas of this thread in one sentence.

Sale benefits, not features.

Sales is a vocation in which I can proclaim that I am fully qualified.

Product features and a form of high glycemic carbohydrate are nice to use as decoration but the prospect must first see a need they have.

I say use donuts and pens as a 2nd contact, after a need is established to be used as a reason for the prospect to think of you and all the benefit you will bring to thier business.

Anyway.....I couldn't resist posting to a sales thread even though I can see it might already be dead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.