EMS Week 2006

CJD312

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh.. EMS is week is sometime away.. but, good to get a head start. Might want to check out ACEP web site and see if they have the " theme" out yet...

We are going to have a big "blow-out" this is our 10'th anniversary for the service.

Good luck,

R/R 911

EMS Week for us is a fun/exhausting time. We do presentations in our local elementary school at every grade level. For the younger kids, we introduce them to some of our equipment. For the older kids we try to cover a safety-related topic (bicycle, roller blade, skate board safety, or water safety). Everyone then gets a tour of the ambulance. After one of these presentations, we responded to a MVA and the 7 year old in the back seat was calming her mother down by explaining to her all the steps for spinal immobilization. 'Gotta recruit that kid! We also have an Blood Drive and Open House during the week. Anyone else have some cool ideas?

we ahven't realy been as actie as we should have been in the past. But now we have an offduty crew take an ambulance to the different schools around town during the week and show the kids what everything is and how it works. The station has an open house for the public. It has been a good thing since we started it. We are lookin for ideas to expand on as well hope this helps you out.

Guest Beegers

I don't think my corps is doing anything special this year. We don't have the funds or the attention to do so. We're just trying to stay afloat with what little we have.

We participate heavily in National Night Out. We were supposed to have NorthStar (the medicalcopter) at ours but they had been dispatched to a call 20 minutes before they were supposed to be by us. We also had a military copter take off from our city for it.

We have "quit" doing for the community. Like other healthcare workers week...(i.e Emergency Nurses Week, Physicians Week) we have turned the focus on "us". This is a time to honor those that work in EMS. I don't believe this selfish to ask one week during the year.

I know in Emergency Nurses week, drug reps. brought us lunch daily, as well as administration issued gift certificates and passes to movies etc. i appreciation for the work. Of the course the T-shirt, cups, etc.. was given as well and a nice article about the role and spotlight on the nurses themselves.

I have been trying to endorse EMS to do the same. A week during the year to honor those that give unselfishly, and really do try to make a difference.

God Luck,

R/R 911