Crest/Patch Trading

owley medic

• 11 months later...

I just have a quick item to put out to others who like to collect and trade patches as I do:

There is a fellow (I am sure several) selling NREMT cert patches on EBAY including some that he claims are rare "tactical versions." First off, I didnt know that the NREMT had a certification for tactical responders. Ive seen the patch he is talking about and there is no tactical designation (this one happens to be the NREMT Paramedic Patch), only the identical medics patch in subdued tact. color scheme. My question is, is it ethical, or even legal to buy or sell patches which indicate a specific certification, especially when so many states are now using the NREMT as their licensure qualification. To me, it seems a little different to trade or sell a patch from Podunk Fire and Rescue which has no certification attached to it than it is to be marketing in insignia and patches, etc which only certified members of the NREMT can legally get from the organization itself. Nothing against Paramedics of course, but I do happen to think that the NREMT Medic Patch is god awful looking and I about barfed when one of our local services went to using it on their uniforms. That aside, does anybody have any input on selling insignias and patches which require certification and testing to get them in the first place. I lost my original NREMT-Basic patch and had to provide them with ID and cert.number to be able to buy another one. I dont know. Just seems a little sketchy to me. Sort of seems like some guy going to a swap meet and buying a Medal of Honor Recipient license plate holder and slapping on his chevy even though he has never seen a day in the service. Im not making a judgement here, just seeing what some other more seasons responders might have to say. Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.