Buying a Personal AED ( New York )

miscusi

Hi guys, I hope your day is going well.

I am considering buying an AED to keep around in my first aid kit for emergencies. Though the chances of actually needing it is pretty low, I like to be prepared. I am thinking about The Philips HeartStart OnSite... here is a link to the brochure.

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/doclib/enc/578464/OnSite_Brochure.pdf%3ffunc%3ddoc.Fetch%26nodeid%3d578464%26vernum%3d6

I am in NYC, NY.

I have looked up some laws and so far, most of what laws I can find is trying to make businesses and other entities have AEDs available.

I haven't found any restrictive laws yet.

I have found out that my state even offers a income tax credit if you buy an AED ! see form here :

http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it250_fill_in.pdf

Any New Yorkers ( or knowledgeable folk ) have any input ? Thank you.

Hey while you are at it, I'm sure that Ebay has a couple of used ambulances for sale. You can probably also get a needs and assessment hearing from the state of new york in order to set up your budding new ambulance service.

Yes folks, be sure to call 591 to get Miscusi EMS, the most rockin EMS System in the troboro area. You call, he hauls, unless NYFD get's there first.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.