Blue Star book

stretmediq

I'm pretty sure I went through the city link. That's the way I got to the book on amazon so I'm pretty sure that the City got some of that 3.99

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll
  • Like 1

Ok, I bought the book. It downloaded to my kindle. It's about 35-40 pages long.

Written well, good premise and if true, this guy went through the ringer. The disclaimer is that it's a work of fiction but the Amazon.com post says that it's based on real life events. So who to believe.

I think it takes place in tornado alley - Oklahoma I think.

Story starts out with the worst call anyone can go to, domestic violence which ends the life of the patient and your partner and you end up in critical condition. The rest of the story is this person's attempt to recover from that fateful day.

My honest no holds barred opinion, its WAY WAY too short. I read it in less than 30 minutes. The characters are not hashed out well enough, the backgrounds are not completely fleshed out and it needs more "stuff" in it. I also believe that this WAS written by an actual paramedic.

I want to believe that this is the first pass of the book and there is a enhanced version coming online soon but I'm not optimistic.

To me this is the authors version or attempt at a cleansing of his soul/personal story and it's his way of exorcising his demons from that one call that changed his life.

To me the book just needs more pages and background.

But what I did like was the honesty that he showed in the pages about how it was affecting him personally and mentally.

I'm going to leave it at that and allow those who are interested, to pay the 3.99 and read the book. I think 3.99 is a little steep for a 30 minute read but it's not a break the bank cost. Add 100 more pages and 3.99 would be a steal.

Overall a good first effort.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

Yeah, 2 out of 4. I did give it a 4 out of 5 on Amazon. I mean if the guy went to the trouble of writing it, packaging it to a ebook, putting it up on amazon, getting me interested enough to buy it and then having me liking it enough to review it, then that's a 4 star review baby.

• Like 1