reasonable evidence that i'll be able to get a job

imouto

If I was ever to lift 125 pounds, my service would be quite irritated. That is risking injury.

we call firemen for lift assist if it is going to average more than say 50 lbs per person off the ground. That's not including draw sheet transfers or anything. However, my squad is made up of almost all women. Most weighing under 150 lbs themselves. We are city run volunteers as are fire so they just constantly reassure us to call them anytime, for any reason.

I had to be able to lift 50 lbs dead weight.

You received a jaywalking ticket in another country? I don't know of any service that does a background check to include infractions in another country.

Yeah. I went to college abroad. I have no idea if background checks do include another country, but thanks for the info!

If I was ever to lift 125 pounds, my service would be quite irritated. That is risking injury.

we call firemen for lift assist if it is going to average more than say 50 lbs per person off the ground. That's not including draw sheet transfers or anything. However, my squad is made up of almost all women. Most weighing under 150 lbs themselves. We are city run volunteers as are fire so they just constantly reassure us to call them anytime, for any reason.

I had to be able to lift 50 lbs dead weight.

50 lbs dead weight is no problem unless they want 20 consecutive reps out of me. I might struggle then...

I'd be sure to include the jaywalking ticket on my application with all the details.

It will give the reviewers a good laugh.

Also shows you are not hiding anything.

Nah who am I kidding::: It will give them a good laugh.

• Like 1

Am I the only one really offended by this post??

My background check was mainly about abuse. Sexual physical and neglect was the main things they were looking for. Our program instructor said drug abuse could be a problem along with a history of thefts. A shoplifting charge as a teen or a few bad checks no. But going into peoples homes, you will be exposed to their belongings. Abuse is for obvious reasons.. drug charges are due to being exposed to them on a regular basis. Morphine... etc.

Traffic violations, disturbing the peace, etc no problem. They had someone with an arson charge write an explaination and get through.

Just include all information and you'll be fine

Edited by MariB

Iowa is a lot more lenient than most states.

lol, it is not. This is a program silly, one based through national registry standards.

I was sure I quoted the OP about her jaywalking ticket. Somehow I have a quote to Kate about being offended lol. How did that happen? That's a whole different thread. I never learned copy and paste from my phone. Hmmmm anyway

What the hell? What excuse did they give? "I dropped my lighter on a house?"

I don't know. Something about lighting a dumpster on fire as a teenager or something.

Arson charges don't always include burning down structures.

An Arson conviction is an Arson conviction. Dosen't matter whether it was a trash can or your neighbors cat you set on fire.

At the very least in most states any criminal convictions will get a review at the state office of EMS and investigations board before allowing licensing. That includes motor vehicle infractions and juvie crime.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.