EMT B classes easy ?

Trm90

I am thinking of going in a year or two...the local Hospitol has the classes.. I've heard its not that hard to pass... What is the final exam like to get certified ?

and how does getting hired work ? I've been told there's a high turnover rate with this job so finding a job isn't usually that hard to do...

is there probabtion period or something when you get hired ?

• Like 1

It is not rocket science but it does require that you study. If you actually read the book, listen to the lectures, learn the skills properly it will seem easy. As to jobs depends on where you are. Often people post here from California that say they got certified a year ago and still can not get a job. Then you have all the guys that come here and complain that they should be paid better. Had they researched in advance they would have known that they will make minimum wage to just slightly more in some places. You will occassionally hear of a higher paying place but odds are the new emt will not get that opening.

• Like 1

I am over half way through. I can tell you it is pretty hard, requires study, commitment, showing up and taking it seriously. If you do that, you should pass if you try hard enough. It is just a lot to remember.

Our mod exams is where it gets tough. Quizzes I ace. However the registry loves to word things in trick questions. Our instructor puts at least 50% of our questions in registry form to prep us. That's where reading that question carefully comes in