Help Needed with Contacts in Paramedic services

threemilerun

I am looking to make contact with someone who is involved in a voluntary or non voluntary service that run paramedic calls. I am a NREMT-Paramedic and need to put hours up on the road but need flexibility with scheduling. I would be travelling in from abroad. To achieve paramedic reciprocity in the country where I now live now I have to work some more road time.I am just not in a position to move back to the US right at this moment.

Willing to work all the worst shifts and the worst calls!

I tried contacting some services direct but responses are difficult to get.

Hoping I can make some contacts...all help appreciated!!

Please PM direct if easier

Your NR should be able to get you hooked up with allot of places, but it's the short term employment thing most people are going to have a problem with. Are you looking to get hired or just do ride alongs? We have people from all over the world ride with us from time to time, but not to offer employment.

How are you approaching the services you've contacted? If you are using a similar approach to them as you have been with us I can see why you're not getting much in the way of a response.

I think you're also at a disadvantage because you're currently out of the country. From either an employment or volly point of view you're not all that appealing because you aren't there. From a hiring standpoint I'll look at someone local over someone out of country especially if that out of country applicant is looking at a short term stay. Why invest the time and money into you if you're only going to leave?

As was asked, do you hold certification/licensure in any state? By not having a state issued cert/license you could also be limiting your prospects. Registry will help with that but it's not everything you're going to need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.