Hello

steg

Hey everyone! I am going to start EMT-B classes in Jan. I am really looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life. I have been reading a few posts on here and I think that this will be a great tool in my education process.

For those curious, I am from Central Texas.

Steg

• Like 1

Hello Steg from central Texas,

Congratulations on deciding to prepare yourself for a career in EMS! EMT-B is just the tip of the iceberg so jump right in.

Many here are willing to help you, so long as you don't ask us to do your homework :punk: .

Welcome to the City! Please don't lurk. Jump in and participate.

I certainly will, DFIB. Right now I am just trying to figure out what I can expect in class and what I can do to make the most of all of the help that is available.

It's not much, but I have been reviewing some flashcards and taking quizzed on things like AP, pathophysiology, airway management. I have been reading over some scenarios, too.

I'm sure that once I begin my classes, I will have plenty of questions to burden y'all with.

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement!

DFIB, that is the book we are using. Thanks for the link. Got it bookmarked.

Kate, Thanks. I didn't figure it would hurt to look at it. Plus, I find it intriguing.

Anatomy is the secret to success, the upside is that in anatomy it is all memorization. You really don't use competencies until you hit physiology. If you have a strong anatomy background, physiology is lots easier.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.