Rhode Island Emergency Officials Monitoring Hurricane Sandy

News

Unusual hybrid of hurricane and winter storm likely to hit U.S. East Coast.

AP556338027003-sandy.jpg

Waves, brought by Hurricane Sandy, crash on a house in the Caribbean Terrace neighborhood in eastern Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012. Hurricane Sandy pounded Jamaica with heavy rain as it headed for landfall near the country's most populous city on a track that would carry it across the Caribbean island to Cuba, and a possible threat to Florida.

(AP Photo/Collin Reid)
Wl8p0KcaJQw

View the full article

As of the 11 PM newscasts, here in NYC area, a cold front that might have kept the 'cane away stalled, with the computer models saying the cane will probably hit lower NJ Monday night into Tuesday, but due to the expected hight wind patterns associated with it hitting lower and upper New York Bay, my hometown of the Rockaways, and the rest of Long Island, with a lunar high tide for more fun, I await another "mandatory evacuation" order from Mayor Bloomberg.

Damn. The Army Corps of Engineers just started pumping dredged sand onto my eroded beach, damaged by Hurricane Irene last year.Hurricane Sandy is gonna do some additional big time damage.

As for any evacuation, got to see if my aunt will take me, Momma B, Lady J and her brother in again, possibly with one more evacuee, a mutual friend of Lady J's and mine.

Side note: My sister has a second house in Vermont, wanted us to relocate there for Irene. Then, the local roads and bridges by her home got washed out over there, from the rains, as mud colored the Hudson River red for the next couple of weeks.

I'm updating my "Go Kits", and hoping all I'll do is unpack it, unused.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.