Paramedic Finds Video of Home Burglary on Man’s Cellphone

News

That's why I think it's BS.

Scenario;

Cop: Hey, here's his cell phone, I wonder if he was texting and driving.....hmmm....wonder if he has a hot girlfriend...... hmmm...no pics.....any videos?.......Hey!!! What's this!!!??? Damn...hmmm, hey, Mr. Paramedic, C'mere. Looky what I found on this phone...do me a favour m'kay? If anyone asks, you had the phone and you stumbled across this video when you were looking for some patient info...m'kay? So, being civic minded you told me about the video...but I'm not allowed to look at it without a warrant....so, based on your information I am going to apply for a warrant to look at the phone. mmmmm'kay?

• Like 1

Medic's not a cop, no search warrent necessary. The guy may be able to sue him and his employer, but I can't see where there was any illegal gathering of evidence if he found it, either ethically or not, and then turned it over to the police, right?

I'll bet you dollars to donuts Kat that that is EXACTLY how that vid was found....

Yep, not a illegal search and seizure.

Heck I can break into a persons house, see some evidence of a crime. leave the house and call the cops and they can get a search warrant and enter thehouse and arrest the person. That's not illegal. So the phone thing, not illegal search.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.