Police: Maryland Paramedic Charged in Assault Was Caught on Tape

News

The incident occurred on Sept. 8 at 4 a.m. in the 1800 block of Spence St., in Morrell Park. In the video, police say, "it is clearly shown that White is upset with the victim, who is not being combative." It shows him lift the woman by her neck and "smash" her body into the headrest, "where he straps her in violently," police say.

A colleague at the scene is shown walking away. Police say that colleague reported White to supervisors, filing an internal complaint. The other paramedic said once inside the ambulance, White slapped her across the face and grabbed her by the neck.

So, sounds like this guy is an asshole, allegedly.

"As I stand right now, my member, paramedic Shaun White, did not need to be arrested," said president Rick Hoffman. "My feeling is right now, the fire department shot before taking aim," Hoffman added, "and it's a despicable way to treat our members."

A despicable way to treat your members? How about a despicable way to treat your patients? Makes me wonder if this behavior is standard practice for some people in this fire dept. and it just gets swept under the rug by the good ole boys. I know that it is the unions job to stand up for its members, but if these allegations are true, then yes, this man needed to be arrested, full stop.

Sindicates are all so similar. How about a statement that starts with: The union is concerned for the well being and dignity of all our patients .....

Edited by DFIB

Isn't it amazing how we have all of these heroes that filed complaints afterwards, which is good of course, but none stepped in to stop the assault?

The fireman that stood by and videoed but did nothing to intervene should be subject to discipline also, as should anyone that allowed the assault to continue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.