Ambulance Accident in Utah Injures 11 People

News

WTF!!!! 6 seated people and one patient? I have GOT to hear more details on this call. My biggest ambulance can seat 5 people in the back but there is no way in hell you could provide competent patient care. You'd be stumbling all over one another. I ran a code last week with three in the back and was thinking it was just right. A hair crowded, but not excessive.

Given that one crew member was driving, the other 4 would have been in the back. Hopefully the wife was riding up front and not in the back too.

I wonder how unstable this stroke patient was. Was there really a need for L&S? If they were inside the Fibro window then they didn't need L&S, if they were outside they didn't need L&S, if they were borderline they likely didn't need L&S either because in my experience the Neuro at the receiving hospital won't do anything anyways because it's too close to the deadline.

Too many questions, not enough answers in this article.

Off to do some research.

Okay, not much out there, but the ambulance is a 4 door Type I, so I guess there are more seats available in the cab. Seems the driver blew through the light at 50+ MPH.

http://www.abc4.com/...CstrgIiGwg.cspx

Edited by Arctickat

At my VAC, maximum rolling crew was 4, 1) Crewchief, 2) Motor Vehicle Operator, 3) and 4) aide attendants (your location might use a different name).

Local protocols, laws, and city/state/country laws can usually define a max size for a crew. 5 seems, by the standards I operate under, a bit excessive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.