Northwest Indiana Hijinks.

BillKaneEMT

Hate to be rude-n-crude but regardless of the situation between the EMS and FD, the emt-b was operationg outside his scope of responsibility.

One question, where was the medic that this was allowed to happen. Did the medic authorize this procedure, if so than he should also be disiplined. You can't give an order that you know violates protocols.

I have a hard time believing (and I can be wrong), that the medic didn't know it was happening.

I guess we will have to see how this actually plays out.

Yah, again most of the comments following the article are either stupidly supportive or extremely ragefilled, only to be expected under the circumstances. I rarely see people take a moderate tone on anything internet related these days regardless of the topic. I can't figure it out either, the basic had to know he'd get busted and the medic is in hot water too from the company, though apparently not from the med director. No one is saying anything official so the speculation just keeps getting wilder. ERDoc, I thought some of what those two said sounded off, glad it wasn't just my imagination. I'd say the majority of posters are now to the point of just talking crap to each other regardless of the original argument.

Djdudley, as to whether he authorized the procedure I'm not sure but he's in the soup regardless it seems.I also have some difficulty with the idea that the basic was just randomly starting IVs and pushing drugs without the medic realizing it. We'll have to wait and see if they ever release some facts.

ERDoc won't give me more to do cos he is terribly lonely and needs the company me ringing him up on the ambophone provides

Lima 499 calls Radio need to talk to teh medical controlz ...

Speaking locally the EMT would be struck off and never practice again and the senior ambulance officer would more than likely get struck off as well if he saw it because he allowed somebody to act outside their delegated scope of practice. The patient could theoretically claim from our universal insurance scheme for treatment injury and may be even able to have the EMT charged with assault with a weapon.

Stupid muppet ambo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.