[JEMS NEWSFEED] Wheels Fall Off Massachusetts Ambulance after Patient Drop-Off

News

Not really news. Lug nuts don't get re-torqued properly after changing skins and the lug nuts back off. That's why you're supposed to go back to the tire shop after a couple of hundred miles and get the nuts tightened again. Not even sure how this made the news considering there wasn't even a patient on board. We had this happen a few years ago when the back wheels started to fall off at highway speeds. Fortunately, the driver managed to stop before they fell off the axle.

Funny thing is, the tow truck came to pick up the ambulance, and as it backed in to hook up....yeah, the wheels fell off of it too.

It made the news because it was an ambulance and since it was an ambulance and the wheels fell off that was why it made the news. Too bad it didn't have a patient on board because if there was a patient on board then it would have made the news on mars and even out to Alpha Centauri. Makes great sensational headlines to show how fucking inept we are and how dangerous it is to ride with a bunch of inept idiots. AT least the mainstream media would have us look like that.

it made the news cause a tv crew was at the hospital filming at the time when it just unfortunately happened.

if it wasnt an ambulance and they could also see sensationalistic journalism in it,

it would probably been on funniest home videos

shit happens, wheel nuts get loose,,,,,,wasnt the first and will never be the last

just check your truck at the start of your shift...

Oh, I understand that Ruff. All I'm wondering is who reported it to the news, or how the news found out about it. Almost sounds like the crew might have tipped them off because they were bitter about driving around in a 20 year old ambulance.

Yeah, if the crews aren't getting in a brand new shiny 150K bambulance then they aren't happy. I remember when I started at my first service, we had a 15 year old ambulance that would not drive over 60 miles an hour. We had old ladies passing us in their walkers and hoverrounds.

Plus the amount of black smoke coming out of the ass end of that 15 year old ambulance was like a barbque grill but without the wonderful smell of the smoked meat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.