Transport Ventilators usage for 911 response

FireEMT2009

Being around with mobile intensive care transports for a while I must admit I see the problem chbare is seeing.

Ventilator therapy is getting more complex in our times and it is not a field that should be handeld only by the "paramedics have their hands free" perspective.

On the other side there a plenty of Ventilators below the level of an full-size ICU-level transport ventilator like my beloved Oxylog3000 or the Hamilton T1. With the basic Weinmann, Draeger, etc. ventilators that basically have 3 parameters to set its a hole different story.

Personally I would like to live in a world where a prehospital provider can handle a full size ICU-ventilator...But... As we all know this is not the case it might at least be a good start to go with an "easy" ventilator (by the way: Germany company weinmann is adverising an "full automated ventilator" that only needs one parameter input from the provider)... Because one thing is for sure: A mechanical IPPV will be much better than a "BVM" IPPV by a "scared" provider.

When it comes to actual models(I think this was the original posters intention) I personally prefer the oxylog 3000 or the Hamilton T1 (the oxylog mainly for the "being used to it" factor, the Hamilton itself might be the better concept)...I worked with Weinmann Transport, some old Siemens&Dräger ones (Servos&Evitas, even a Siemens 900C at some point) and a few crazy creatures like the ambu...But I mostly hated them...

when it comes to basic vents nothing comes over the extremly reliable Oxylog1000.... No batteries, reliable and stable as hell and light&small.

Edited by krumel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.