Greetings One And All

Hello All,

The State of Minnesota in their true and reasoned judgement has just issued me an EMT license. (I promised the state EMSRB that there will never be any more Kumite matches with lab animals at our local research lab and I even signed a statement to that effect.)

I plan on continuing to work in EMS in retirement (in two years! yippie skippy!) in Wisconsin and I'm interviewing with a local BLS service there next month for some volunteer time. I've been reading the City for some time now.

I'll wait for another post to start a manic rant on what a greedy useless lot of a**hats the NREMT are.

Greetings!

AP

Edited by A Pox On This Place
  • Like 1

Hi CSC! I wish no pox upon this house. That was a--very unfair and I think somewhat unjustified-- nickname I got on a Green Bay Packers message board several years ago. (Apparantly I'm opinionated and hard on dead horses.)

Not to worry, Mike, no pox.

I enjoyed reading the City when I was in EMT school last month. I got my first Basic license almost 30 years ago, I was a cop then. I remember the Brady book then had a blue cover and I thought it would take a year off my life. At age 57 that three week class I took last month did that. I've read some EMT student angst here about the bloody test. I feel fortunate. I'd worked at the Level I Trauma where I went to school and I had some wonderful instructors (all active or former medics) who communicated:

1. Don't waste air about testing. If best possible patient care isn't your motivator...uh, pick something else.

2. Mastery. Learn as much as you can for as long as you can. Your patients deserve it.

• Like 1

Welcome man.

Though I'm not nearly old enough to remember that book, some others here used the bark version I think.

It's good to have you. I look forward to your thoughts.

Dwayne

We are truly blessed to have some really smart folks here, and more importantly, very kind...most times. I've made some scary career decisions based on advice that I've gotten here, and it's not steered me wrong yet.

Some of our most respected members are, or have been Fire. We try and forgive them, but man, they make it friggin' hard!!

If you remember why we're all here, and remember that education saves lives way more often than hands, then you will have avoided the Fire plague and be welcome here any time...Hell, even if you don't remember those things you'll be welcome.

Is that a volly service you're applying to? Aren't you a bit long in the tooth to be a proper hosemonky?

LOL, actually I'm VERY long in the tooth to do the fire side but their BLS ambu service does a lot of good stuff. It's a rural county in NW Wisconsin and there's only one ALS ambulance service in the area. It is a volly department and in the four years since I bought a lake cabin in the area I've been impressed with their hard work and dedication. I met their medical director recently, he seemed like a very decent guy and he encouraged me to apply.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.