5 Terrifying secrets about ambulances

Well I think that reading that article it gives a much better reality check than let's say the New York Times would or the Chicago Tribune.

Just how do you think this article would have been written by one of the mainstream media?

Even though Cracked isn't a nationally known and accepted media source, they did speak a bit of truth in much of the article.

How's the burn out rate in EMS?

How's the breakdown, fire in the ambulance, ambulance crash rate in EMS? Pretty high right? They got it right but they did I think over sensationalize that part.

Patients abusing the system, that doesn't happen in your neck of the woods? I'm sure it doesn't

so to me, other than the crude language(they could have left that out) the article just puts it all out there and speaks much truth.

Sorry if some of you didn't like the way it was written but seriously, other than the exploding parts what parts are not based significantly in truth.

And a couple of the services I've worked in, the EMT's weaving in and out of traffic and blowing red lights, that article must have been written after riding with the emts that work for that service.

So I dont' think that you will get a mainstream media outlet to shed that much truth on this industry that Cracked did in it's article.

If you disagree with me, that's fine but I found the article to be quite truthful.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that he didn't mention:

"That bed you're gonna be laying on? Yeah, somebody died there." or "not very long before you were on it was a puddle of quivering goo that was pile driven by a speeding semi."

Shhhhh. That is a secret!

So much for the "civilized world". Would you like a penetrating trauma with your tea? White? Sugar?

Assaults on Ambulance Officers are a very real problem here and in UK so it's actually accurate

Broken arms, skull fractures, bites, bruises, a crew attacked with an axe, destroyed vehicles are all examples of things I've seen or heard of happening in the last couple years...

Is it possible that it's because you guys are assholes?

Just wondering... :-)

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.