[JEMS NEWSFEED] Providers Respond to Malnourished 2-Year-Old in Washington

News

What a terrible story...

But almost more terrible? That it will get very little attention most likely.

Now, if this was puppy instead of a human being the outrage would/could be national, and as we've seen now and then, worldwide.

Breaks my heart...

You are right Dwayne.

When it comes to human suffering we are a forgetful people. It may make the news for a day or two, maybe a week. Some stories last a lifetime or last for generations, the holocaust comes to mind.

But stories like this one in the OP, will last one to two days except this one, it's there for at least as long as we keep this thread alive.

But in the scheme of things, something worse will come along and take it's place. I'm sure there is something much worse waiting to take it's place right now, it just has to be discovered.

I pray for this child, I pray for the responders who have to deal with this situation. And I hope they are getting the help that they need to deal with this.

What gets me is why was this child the only one who was this way in the family. The other 4 children were apparantly healthy. Was this abuse or a medical condition of the child. One can jump to the conclusion it was abuse but was it? I make the assumption abuse but until charges are filed I can't make that judgement.

But this is a terrible story like you said.

There will be another story to take it's place in the near future.

These things are too difficult for people to think about for any sustained moment in time. It makes people uncomfortable. Until people are willing to bear the pain of dealing with this, progress will be extremely slow.

It's the big black dog in the middle of the room that everyone would prefer to ignore. The person that points out that there is a big black dog in the middle of the room will be villianized.

• Like 1

Yeah but until we point out the black dog, nothing happens. There are just more big black dogs that come into the room until we can't ourselves get out of the room.

There's got to be some point where we say enough is enough, for those of you who let your children get this way, for those of you who do this to this person, this is the price that you pay and you aren't going to like it.

There's a colloseum down the block with a bunch of hungry lions and tigers waiting in the arena for you. Enjoy your stay because the lions and tigers are sure going to enjoy their meals. I don't advocate this type of justice but our current justice system just aint cuttin it.

...What gets me is why was this child the only one who was this way in the family. The other 4 children were apparantly healthy. Was this abuse or a medical condition of the child...

Yeah, that struck me too. I'll be interested to see if there is any follow up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.