Just over a month away: Prometheus

chbare

Completely unrelated to EMS:

When I was a kid, one of the very first horror movies I ever saw was the 1979 Ridley Scott film Alien. It was and remains an epic masterpiece IMHO. An amalgamation of fear, tension and a feeling of claustrophobia within an original scifi setting.

Naturally, I have been waiting for Scott's move back into scifi after nearly 33 years, and it would appear at least some of the Alien DNA will be present in this film. The cast seems first rate and the trailers are exceptionally tense, large in scope and appear to have high production value. This is my most anticipated film of 2012.

The movie takes place in the same universe as Alien and occurs around three decades prior to the events of Alien. However, the movie has a stand alone story and plot that ties into the Alien DNA so to speak. The scope of this film appears quite large as opposed to the confined and self contained premise of Alien.

I can't wait for that movie to come out, it looks awesome. I remember watching those movies and the Predator series growing up (for the record, the Alien vs Predator movie sucked).

When I first read this thread I thought it might be about fellow Prometheus Society members. Oh Well, I'll just wallow here in my 0.003%

As I am unaware of my IQ level,and a member of neither, I have to ask: Which reqires the higher level to be allowed to join, Prometheus Society, or Mensa?

Prometheus, MENSA is the top 2%, they'll let anyone in there. :) Prometheus admits the top 0.003% or 1 in 30,000. Depends on the testing used but as an example of the WAIS-III scores, MENSA requires an IQ above 130, Prometheus is 189.

For the record, I was kidding about being in Prometheus....I refuse to pay good money for someone to tell me how smart I am when I already know.

Alien vs Predator bah they are both bitches who need a good smack down

Kiwi vs AK or something is where its at

wouldn't be more like kiwi and erdoc ina brokeback mountaiqn kind of thing???

Tha bromance around here is pretty thick at times :D

I refuse to pay good money for someone to tell me how smart I am when I already know.

Thats very crotchitymedic of you kat :D