A speed bump to the medic brotherhood

runswithneedles

paramedic mike. I love yah to death. But it doesnt recognize some medical terminology. And on my iphone it thinks it knows more than me and corrects my "mistake", I get a call I fell asleep. i wake up and there is my spelling. Grammar however yes no excuses. That,s why im hopefully trying to squeeze in english 1301 comp and rhetoric before my paramedic semester starts again.

Where you a catholic nun who taught English in a past life. :P

PS.. Brotherhood is insulting.....

PS I hang out with the sisterhood. Some time after 1030 when her roomates asleep. Joking joking

But yet, according to your other thread, you want to start picking up a lot of available overtime. Do you really think that's going to help you avoid further burn out?

I want the money so I can purchase my own car and give back my grandparents vehicle which they had let me borrow since october

Edited by runswithneedles

Don't worry dude I have just spent the last ten months crawling out of the gutter being unable to think clearly, unable to sleep, sometimes unable to perform basic human functions because of being in a never ending nightmare of intense psychoemotionospiritual agony (a word I made up) or spending hours in a ball in the corner crying or thinking hey shit the last time i tried to hang myself did not work and i don't want to step infront of a bus so how can i off myself because i was a lowly failure who couldn't even make what i have worked on for the better part of thirty years reach fruition and had to question the entire point of my life ....

Anyway so I think I know how you feel bro, take it one step at a time and it gets better

Oh and where is "where are you" vs were "were you there?"

Now, back to the corner :D

I dont want to parrot whats already been said before but it will come together and any time now. We have all been through something like this and for some it comes together quicker than it does for others. However, that being said, now is not the time to be picking up extra shifts. Your grandparents will be much more understanding than your instructor.

Missing that test was baad. But I'm not going to beat you over the head with it. Get yourself a pocket calendar...write everything down. Tests dates and times. Clinical dates and times and where they are. Reference it multiple times a day.

I dont agree with the harshness of one of the earlier posts but I will say this. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and keep forging forward. Nothing in your life thats worth accomplishing ever comes easy. Buckle down, forge ahead....power through if you have to. Nobody is going to hand it to you, you have to work for it, even when your brain is mush.

Now get back to the books!