Testing Time, any tips?

It's offical, I take my NREMT-P written test this Thursday and my practicals this Saturday. Any tips for a student who has never taken the NREMT exams before? Any test taking pointers? Thanks for all the continued sharing of knowledge and support. I have learned alot over my short time being here.

I'm truly not trying to be a butthead...But on this subject, do a search or look in the 'testing' thread.

I'm excited for you! I just retook it after a really long time away from the books and did ok. Relax. Breath. And trust me...stay away from your books! Either you know it now, or you don't. Cramming just screws everything up.

Good luck. Report back, ok?

Will do Dwayne. Thanks. And yeah I have seen and heard on many occasions that this subject had been beaten more than a dead horse in the desert. I thought maybe someone might have some different tips, never hurts to try but does get annoying after seeing it over and over and over again.

The answer is simple squamous epithelium

And if it's not simple squamous epithelium then the answer is glucose-1,6-bisphosphate

Should the answer not be simple squamous epithelium or glucose-1,6-bisphosphate then it is left ventricular end systolic volume

In the extremely unlikely the the answer is not simple squamous epithelium or glucose-1,6-bisphosphate or left ventricular end systolic volume then buggered if I know, you're talking the worlds most difficult test and the answer is most definitely ask the Registrar!

In the case that the Registrar died last week from fatigue and has not been replaced then the answer is ask the Consultant

8314280.jpg

Yes, I am taking the piss

Good luck bro

Edited by Kiwiology

Will do Dwayne. Thanks. And yeah I have seen and heard on many occasions that this subject had been beaten more than a dead horse in the desert. I thought maybe someone might have some different tips, never hurts to try but does get annoying after seeing it over and over and over again.

Sorry Brother, my post really wasn't meant as a "Did you search first, stupid?" reply. But after all the times it's been said I wasn't sure how to phrase it so that that would be obvious.

I agree with you completely. There is very often a little life left in the dead horse, but sometimes you'll miss some of the best/better posts if you don't look back because people don't repost them. That was the spirit intended...

Your testing date is past now, right? (Back in PNG so can't remember what your date is)...how did you do? How did you feel about the test?

Sorry Brother, my post really wasn't meant as a "Did you search first, stupid?" reply. But after all the times it's been said I wasn't sure how to phrase it so that that would be obvious.

I agree with you completely. There is very often a little life left in the dead horse, but sometimes you'll miss some of the best/better posts if you don't look back because people don't repost them. That was the spirit intended...

Your testing date is past now, right? (Back in PNG so can't remember what your date is)...how did you do? How did you feel about the test?

Dwayne,

I took it today first thing this morning. It cut off at 80 and I knew as soon as it cut off that I had failed it completely. The only thing that gave me hope was that I had the last question right. After a mind numbing 7 and a half hours they finally released the test results and I had passed. So now the only thing left to do is take my practical on Saturday. Thanks for all support it is much appreciated.

I will search prior to posting next time to verify no duplicate posts.

FireEMT2009

Actually, hardly anyone ever searches before they post. It's human nature to not search before posting. Everyone thinks that their post is the first that has ever been asked. So don''t beat yourself up.

What Dwayne was sayin is that if you did search you would have found that there was a lot of stuff out there already about this.

But hell, 80 questions and it cut you off, you thought you failed and in reality you passed. I see a pattern in the registry here. Those who seem to get cut off at 80 seem to pass. Those who keep going, seem to fail.

But kudos, congrats, way to go, awesome job, now, stop studying, don't even crack a book, if you don't know the right sequence to do something then you won't learn it in two days.

Just relax, spend some time with friends, eat your last meal, and then go take the registry test. Even if you fail a station or two, just relax and go retest again and pass it. You obviously know it. Just don't get too stressed.

Honestly, I think we place too much stress and emphasis on this one test. Just go in and take it. Breathe in, breathe out, wax on, wax off, Do the Mr. Miyagi dance, Daniel San.

• Like 1

Actually, hardly anyone ever searches before they post. It's human nature to not search before posting. Everyone thinks that their post is the first that has ever been asked. So don''t beat yourself up.

What Dwayne was sayin is that if you did search you would have found that there was a lot of stuff out there already about this.

But hell, 80 questions and it cut you off, you thought you failed and in reality you passed. I see a pattern in the registry here. Those who seem to get cut off at 80 seem to pass. Those who keep going, seem to fail.

But kudos, congrats, way to go, awesome job, now, stop studying, don't even crack a book, if you don't know the right sequence to do something then you won't learn it in two days.

Just relax, spend some time with friends, eat your last meal, and then go take the registry test. Even if you fail a station or two, just relax and go retest again and pass it. You obviously know it. Just don't get too stressed.

Honestly, I think we place too much stress and emphasis on this one test. Just go in and take it. Breathe in, breathe out, wax on, wax off, Do the Mr. Miyagi dance, Daniel San.

Thanks for the advice. I am definately more relaxed now that the written is done. I know the practicals in my sleep it is just getting the written out of my way so I can have my confidence a little higher for my final stage.

Remember on the practicals that you practically (no pun intended) have all day to do each one.

When they ask, "Is there anything else that you would like to do or say?" Say, "Yeah, I'd like to verify that I arrived on scene with proper PPE. That I verified that the scene was safe?" etc.

Too many people believe that the proctors opinion matters in the practicals. But they don't. They are a fancy machine for reading a paragraph and then checking little boxes for things that you've completed, or not, for things that you haven't.

Do your thing, then verify every one of the 'fail' points again, then you can answer that there's nothing else that you would like to do or say, ok?

Just my two cents worth...