33 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to OSHA standards.......if an employee has a latex 'sensitivity', the company that they work for is obligated BY LAW to provide latex free gloves, tourniquets, etc for their employees. Just a little piece of FYI!

What OSHA says and what really happens in the real world are two different stories. Getting black listed in the EMS community in Houston is the end of ones career...I've seen a few paramedics have to go out of state just to find work after they played the OSHA, labor law, or department of health card.

That's very true. And you can forget OSHA ever standing behind you or protecting you. It won't happen.

You're better off playing the ADA card. They will actually back that up.

That's very true. And you can forget OSHA ever standing behind you or protecting you. It won't happen.

You're better off playing the ADA card. They will actually back that up.

Now if you are costing the state money, they are all over it. :wink:

May I suggest that you write (better yet, visit) your legislators, and ask them to create legislative bills, to the effect that, as of a specified date in the future, ambulances no longer be stocked with latex gloves.

I personally want my elected officials spending their time on more important matters. I'll just be careful with my own needles.

I personally want my elected officials spending their time on more important matters. I'll just be careful with my own needles.

Werd, I think that they could better used figuring out how they are going to pay for our schools then banning latex and trying to enforce that.

Werd, I think that they could better used figuring out how they are going to pay for our schools then banning latex...

I don't want my tax dollars wasted on either one! :lol:

I don't want my tax dollars wasted on either one! :lol:

I agree, the ESOL funding is getting a little out of hand, and we are now seeing fourth start programs for drop outs. :shock: But I don't mind paying for taxes to give some of the more gifted students who want to learn the chance to see/learn first hand outside of the text book. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.