Hello.

Kurainova

Hey there. I am not an EMT nor do I have any medical training whatsoever. I'm here because I am a writer and I would like to learn a few things, for the sake of realistically capturing traumatic medical situations. I hope that's not a bother to anyone. I'm very grateful for all your hard work. It is a job that I'm not sure if I could handle. So thank you for being brave enough to do what you do.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Might I suggest doing some research in your area to see if you can find a ride along program. Seeing is better than hearing. Or if your willing to travel for your piece their is a EMS service called cypress creek EMS in houston,texas that does ride alongs that might let you on so you can observe. And many of the medics have been on this forum and in EMS for 10+ years.

I wish you best of luck in the forum and ask away.

Edited by runswithneedles
  • Like 1

traumatic medical conditions?? or trauma conditions and medical conditions? Do you want to hear stories about the multi-car pile up or the little old lady that hasnt felt well for the last month. The 2 are worlds apart and, honestly, nobody wants to hear about the little old lady that hasnt felt good for the last month. It doesnt sell stories or books or movie rights but big explosions with dozens of casualties and fatal car wrecks do. Go figure.

traumatic medical conditions?? or trauma conditions and medical conditions? Do you want to hear stories about the multi-car pile up or the little old lady that hasnt felt well for the last month. The 2 are worlds apart and, honestly, nobody wants to hear about the little old lady that hasnt felt good for the last month. It doesnt sell stories or books or movie rights but big explosions with dozens of casualties and fatal car wrecks do. Go figure.

Since she is not a "medical" person she is probably not familiar with the distinction.

I was thinking that she might find most of my post to be tragic even it they are not medical.

Kurianova - I seriously doubt you will bother any of us. I am sure that an opportunity to tell stories and embellish our experiences will be welcome!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

• Like 1

I will disagree. have you read The memoirs of kelly graceson "A Paramedic Story"? I enjoyed the old lady ones better. The offer a softer side to ems that not only enlightens the ems providers who run those calls but it shows lay people why ems providers truly came into the business. (At least the ones worth a damn)

Edited by runswithneedles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.