wages

What we do need to do is put our tax rate in our wages because someone making 36K a year is really only going to have about 25K to spend. Depending on tax rate and dependents and how screwed you get by uncle sam.

Edited by Captain Kickass

I'm not sure about others here but i have averaged about 50k gross and about 36k net. That's making $15-$18/hr for 12hr shifts and $12hr for 24 hour shifts, granted these are private services since i have been a medic.

paramedic level 1? is that paramedic level 1= tech?

I am not sure exactly what that translates into in the rest of the world. I will give you a basic rundown (not necessarily a comprehensive list) of skills. I would like to know myself what the equivelant is in different areas of the world. Ontario has basically 3 levels which are all called paramedic each with their own little offshoots from each level. There's PCP which is what you graduate with after 2yrs of college, regional hospital drug/defib certification and your 8hr provincial exam (all the basic stuff everyone has like defib etc and then IVs, and admin 6 drugs) then there's what they basically call PCP+ which is service/region dependent (a couple extra drugs, 12lead, more advanced airways like king LT instead of just OPAs, and CPAP).

There's there's level 2 (ACP - advanced care) which is another year of school and clinical then oral boards. They have all the PCP skillsets plus other skills such as naso and oro tracheal intubation, needle thoracostomy, IO and EJ lines, cardio version and transcutaneous pacing etc and at least 20 drugs. Then there are flight ACPs (ACP-F) that have additional skillsets like emergency cricothyrotomy, og/ng tubes, foley catheterization and admin of blood products and plasma expanders plus about 40 meds total.

CCP (critical care) are level 3 which is obviously more school again and typically flight medics in most places but there are some areas, mostly bigger urban areas, where they are land as well. All the types of skills of the previous 2 plus more such as transvenous pacing, up to 60 drugs (some regions able to admin any drug as long as they are familiar with it)

Any level can also work flight with the aeromedical training and exam and aircraft operation training in either fixed wing or rotor.

I fall in the level 1, PCP+ category. I work in a mixed urban/rural service that only contains PCP and PCP+ paramedics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Alberta Canada:

(Close approximation)

EMT-A (or PCP, as above)- makes $24-30hr.

EMT-Paramedic (combination of ACP and CCP as above)- makes $28-$40hr

My tax return gross was about $95,000.00 last year, with around 35% tax rate. Seems like a lot on paper, but strangely not much left over at the end of the day!

Jonus, what is your tax rate there? Do you get mugged, or is it comparable to the U.S? (25%-35%ish depending on income) where we also get mugged....

Do you get the tax exemption for Remote medic outside the USA?

Edited by DFIB

Do you get the tax exemption for Remote medic outside the USA?

No, pretty much every country but the U.S.is exempt from taxes when remote, at least in the war theater. Not sure about other remote gigs. I think that they just took it from the Aussies to, though I'm not sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.