Exploring the possibility of being a Paramedic but have a few questions

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg DFIB. That was excellent. Now if monster would just hire me to replace the fainting guy and he could have my job.... man, what a great solution!

Omg DFIB. That was excellent. Now if monster would just hire me to replace the fainting guy and he could have my job.... man, what a great solution!

I told you, you're my bitch to work the radio and translate for me because you're a native and nobody can understand what I say!

"I think his salbutamol ran out"

"What?"

"His salbutamol has run out"

"What?"

"In the nebuliser bowl, there is no salbutamol left in it, you know?"

"Oh he needs more ventolin"

Crazy Hoosier ambo's :D

Edited by kiwimedic

I told you, you're my bitch to work the radio and translate for me because you're a native and nobody can understand what I say!

"I think his salbutamol ran out"

"What?"

"His salbutamol has run out"

"What?"

"In the nebuliser bowl, there is no salbutamol left in it, you know?"

"Oh he needs more ventolin"

Crazy Hoosier ambo's :D

I have salbutamol in the bag as we speak. Do you use Hartman's in kiwiland?

The ADA says you cannot be discriminated against if the accommodation your disability requires is "reasonable" and does not cause "undue hardship" on your employer.

Can you work at night? can you map-read at night? can you move about in and out of the vehicle and in and out of scenes at night? can you stick a drip in somebody upside down in a ditch at night? can you read drug snapoules or ampoules at night? basically can you function as an ambo at night? this question is much broader than can you drive at night

Because the US is so large with so many variables in shift patterns you need to ask each individual employer whereas outside the US it's pretty simple, the answer would almost certainly be no.

Edited by kiwimedic

Think of it this way in terms of stress. You are called (you as medic, your parnter an emt-basic) to a 8 month old unresponsive on a beautiful tuesday morning. Upon arrival you discover the baby face down in her crib stiff as a board. She is in rigor mortis and long gone. As the lead medic and paramedic on scene it will be your job to look those parents down in the eye and say Im sorry but your daughter is dead. Their is nothing we can do, Im sorry. Console the family as needed. Write the report and go on with your shift without letting that one run affect the rest of your shifts performance.

Does it paint a picture

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.