hey

shazzie

Welcome.

I think you'll find this site to be a good resource for you.

Please know that this is a professional forum. Spelling, grammar and punctuation count a lot. Please make an effort in the future to avoid presenting your messages like they are text messages.

Thank you.

Keep an eye out for Kiwi; he's a crazy funny talking person who knows way too much for his own good, has had a few short circuits in the brain box and view the world in a somewhat upside down perspective but it might be something to do with location?

I agree with Mike - speeling and grammerz are very important on this forum, it goes a long way to present yourself as a professionally educated person capable of putting forward a logically structured, well rationalised and properly presented post. It'll also help you get little green reputation points (like mine!) so one day you can be as awesome as me!

All of use (especially me) have a vested interest in the development of Paramedics as health care professionals who are more than loser cookbook medic trash and will do all we can to support your learning and growth, we don't answer homework questions outright and will challenge you to do your own research to show us that you are trying to learn rather than asking for the answers without putting in any effort.

We have many, many extremely intelligent and experienced people here from all over the world who bring their unique perspective to the table, please respect and make use of us.

If you don't mind sharing we'd love to know what sort of Paramedic program you going through (Fire based, private (e.g. NCTI), college degree etc) and where you're based at (even if it's just the state or country).

Above all, welcome, and once again, watch the bloody hell out for that Kiwi bloke, oh and Dwayne, nobody likes him :D

Edited by kiwimedic

Hello Sharon,

Welcome to the forums. It is good to see new people with new perspectives.

Hang around and participate often.

Welcome Sharon. You will come to enjoy this site as you progress through your class work. But yes watch out for "the kiwi". Hes a very unique specimen that is easily startled by loud noises. But in the event he should retreat to his yellow ambulance. You can easily coax him out with a good basket of fish and chips. The kiwi loves fish and chips.

But yes watch out for "the kiwi". Hes a very unique specimen that is easily startled by loud noises. But in the event he should retreat to his yellow ambulance. You can easily coax him out with a good basket of fish and chips. The kiwi loves fish and chips.

Things Kiwi likes more than fish and chips (in no particular order)

Pick up trucks

Guns

Ford F series walkthrough Type 3 ambulances

Ten gallon hats

Natalie Maines and Jennifer Nettles (awesome bootleg sex tape material there, preferably in the bed of a pick up truck)

Triple bacon cheeseburgers

BBQ

Hating on Obama (preferably while driving my pick up truck to the gun range wearing a ten gallon hat and eating a triple bacon cheeseburger)

Physiology

Kick ass clinical scenarios

John Grisham and Robin Cook novels

Cooking

Going to church

Oh, and my Ambulance is only yellow when the HPC give me registration as an SRP and the LAS overlooks the lack of C1+D1 :D

Oh, and my Ambulance is only yellow when the HPC give me registration as an SRP and the LAS overlooks the lack of C1+D1 :D

Thought you have C1, mate?

I know we had this discussion before, but is a D1 really necessary to drive in the UK?

Mike? Some inside-knowledge clarity? ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.