EMS Captain helps First Responders Cheat on Exam

Wizard67

What should i do: I have a copy of an email sent by our EMS captain with all the answers for the Missouri State First Responder Test. In this email the First Responder class is told to "make the answers look good" and to "be sure to get a few wrong". This EMS Captain is also a Paramedic for a local hospital. This Paramedic is also related to wealthy and powerful people in our community. After taking this 'bogus' class i didn't feel comfortable with what had occured so i went on my own (at my own expense) and obtained my EMT-B license. Should I be a 'whistle blower'? Reporting any wrong doing in fire/ems is deeply frowned up and discouraged. What would you do?

You know what to do.

What you need to do is follow the directions I laid out ot you in my PM. I will then take what you have sent me, and then use my contact at the Bureau of EMS in the state of Missouri to make sure the captain doesn't teach classes ever again.

Of course this needs to be proven to be true and not just someone with an axe to grind. But I'm pretty sure that it's true.

You know what to do.

What you need to do is follow the directions I laid out ot you in my PM. I will then take what you have sent me, and then use my contact at the Bureau of EMS in the state of Missouri to make sure the captain doesn't teach classes ever again.

Of course this needs to be proven to be true and not just someone with an axe to grind. But I'm pretty sure that it's true.

@ wizard67

This is where the rubber meets the road my friend. What are you going to do when the situation gets real? I hope you do the right thing.

@ wizard67

This is where the rubber meets the road my friend. What are you going to do when the situation gets real? I hope you do the right thing.

I have yet to receive a response to this and I don't believe the investigator that I have talked to at the state of missouri has received any type of complaint or info on this other than my initial info on this.

The info from my contact is that the State of missouri does not have a First responder test per se'. It's either a school test or a national registry exam.

I'm sure that the EMS Captain does not have all the answers to the National registry first responder exam so either he's blowing smoke up these students asses or he has all the answers to the schools exams. Either or, he's still a rogue instructor who should not be teaching EVER, EVER EVER EVER again. My suspicions is that he's trying to make it seem to the students that he's like this paragod super uber rescuedude awesome teacher medic dude that he's not.

My bat radar says that this EMS captain has the answers to his schools exam (he is the class teacher of course so he should have them) and that's the answers he sent them.

Hopefully I will get the answers that I requested in the PM from yesterday and I can forward that to the state of missouri's investigator.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome of this.

No one answered my question as to the test answers being directly from the upcoming test, or from a bank of questions that could be asked.

It is my understanding that the US Federal Communications Commission has about 500 questions banked for the Amateur Radio Service/"HAM" radio, but the issued tests are only 20 questions. I've seen books of the 500 available questions for sale, in Radio Hobby magazines, so there, the possession is not illegal.

If the Cap is using the answsers to the next test, not out of a pool or bank of questions, I believe an investigation is then in order.

No one answered my question as to the test answers being directly from the upcoming test, or from a bank of questions that could be asked.

It is my understanding that the US Federal Communications Commission has about 500 questions banked for the Amateur Radio Service/"HAM" radio, but the issued tests are only 20 questions. I've seen books of the 500 available questions for sale, in Radio Hobby magazines, so there, the possession is not illegal.

If the Cap is using the answsers to the next test, not out of a pool or bank of questions, I believe an investigation is then in order.

Richard, Look for a PM