The evil vent strikes again! Only this time we found the problem. (See the internal oh sh*t button post prior to reading)

We took another vent patient to lubbock. (Not only am I a certified shit magnet I get to be in the back with the most fucked up of the vent patients too :wtf:) Picked him up at CCU. Medic 17 (the truck we used for the last vent that went horribly wrong) had just come back into service. Got him loaded up into the truck. (of course with a medic who I trusted and had the experience to take vent patients.) The moment we switched him to our main 02 the problem arose yet again. But this time. With a different vent. It said we had too low of a 02 pressure and it refused to function. So my partner tells me to grab the BVM with 02 resevoir while he diagnoses the problem. After about 25 minutes of tinkering we found out it was the regulator on our truck that had failed. Thus explaining why our vent didnt work with our last patient. We took the truck back to the shop. Switched it out and it was running like a champ.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.