Looking for some advice

Majormech

Im a new paramedic (got my license about 3 month ago). I have been working as an emt at my current job for about 18 months now, but I really want to get a job on an ambulance company now. but I dont know if I can because I have a speeding ticket I got 6 months ago. Is there anything I can do that will help me get a job or am I stuck at my job fo now. Any advice is appreciated....

I see this is your first post, so firstly WELCOME!

Secondly: This is a forum of prehospital and in-hospital professionals. When you ask a well written and articulated question, I guarantee you to get multiple answers from very credible sources with years in the buisness. The problem you will face on this preticular forum, is no one makes time to try and decipher poorly written posts.

Please check your spelling and grammar, and ask your question in the same format you would ask us face to face in a professional setting.

Look forward to what you have to contribute Majormech!

• Like 1

First off it is particular not preticular.

Second, what was hard to understand about his question?

From all of the job requirements I have seen there tends to be a 2 or 3 violation limit. Though, there are probably a few violations that automatically disqualify you from driving an ambulance.

I would not worry about just one speeding ticket (unless you were going fast enough to go to jail), but obviously try to not get any more.

The diffence is honest errors v a significant lack of effort.

No one was busting his balls, only explaining the best way to get the answers that he's looking for.

Speaking and writing to the best of our ability is simply good manners, and practice for professional development. It's when folks get offended at good advice that things go down hill fast.

As Maine said, that is my best understanding of the issue. If it's just a ticket, it won't likely be a big deal. But if the ticket is indicative of your maturity level in general, then it could signify bigger issues for you in the future.

Worst case scenario? You stay at your current job while you look for another. That will give you the bullet proof answer for sure.

Good luck Brother. It's be cool if you could come back and let others know how it worked out for you, as this is a common question here. Did other companies ask you about it? What were their comments? Did you have to take additional steps to overcome it? Like that....

Dwayne

Sorry buddy can't help you. But, welcome to EMT CITY! Some advice thought, don't take anything personal when members reply. Those are friendly replies!! And it dosen't get better!

• Like 1

Welcome to the City amigo. I would ask local services that you might apply for as to their requirements. Requirements will most likely differ from service to service.